Heat Insulation, Sound Dampening & Filtration.
Steel wool and Stainless Steel Wool produced into a Needle Felted form called TEXSTEEL, is widely used in many industrial applications for High Heat Insulation, Industrial Filtering, Noise Dampening, Coalescing Filter Media, Gas turbine generators, high temperature vessels, platen presses and oil mist separators. Steel wool can be used in conjunction with wire mesh or fiberglass insulation for optimum results.
TEXSTEEL BLANKETS – Material Types:
Carbon Steel — for normal abrasive or filtering usage where heat and rust are not problems.
Stainless Steel, Type 434 – Use stainless steel wool for excellent corrosion resistance in wet or high humidity areas and high temperature applications.
- Proprietary process that firmly interlocks thousands of metal fibers into blanket form for various industrial uses.
- Strong and durable blankets are highly porous and resilient to resist deterioration by heat or mechanical pressure.
- TEXSTEEL makes possible fabrication of new products in which metal wool fibers offer advantages over other fibers. Density can be controlled; greater densities can be achieved in less space.
- THICKNESS: ¼”, ½”, ¾”or 1” (unlimited thickness’s are obtained when stacked)
- WIDTH: Up to 120”
- DENSITY: 2 – 12 oz/sqft
- LENGTH: Limited only by weight.
Custom widths, lengths and shapes can be cut and slit in our fabrication shop.
FIBERGLASS INSULATION BLANKETS
ISW now offers fiberglass Insulation Blankets and packing for industrial and exhaust applications. Our fiberglass is made in the USA and has unrivaled strength and integrity for exhaust applications and fabrication.
- Up To 20% better Thermal Conductivity Than Typical Glass Mat
- Made from Bio-soluble materials.
- Ultra light weight, As Much As 50% lighter than conventional glass mat.
- 1150 F Service Temperature
- -25% minimum recycled content
- Corrosiveness Passes ASTM C 665 for steel, aluminum and copper.
APPLICATIONS: Heat Shields, Insulation Pads, OEM Cut parts, Pipe Wrap, Exhausts, Oven Lining, Expansion Joints, etc
THICKNESS: 1/4″, 1/2″ & 1″
WIDTHS: up to 50″
ROLL LENGTH: 89′ (1/4″), 45′ (1/2″) & 40′ (1″)
SAFETY: Ceramic and asbestos free.
Also offered with a metal mesh type of backing for even greater strength and rigidity.
More info coming soon….