Exhaust, Muffler & Resonator Packing:
ISW offers a wide variety of packing materials to many OEM and aftermarket manufacturers of automotive, motorcycle on/off road muffler manufacturers. Our materials are designed to optimize the performance of the exhaust system for not only useful life, minimizing DB’s, but also to give the right tone or sound to enhance the vehicle.
|Needled Mat Insulation||Stainless Steel Wool & Needled Mat Insulation||SS Fiber Mat & Needled Mat Insulation|
NEEDLED INSULATION INSULATIION MAT
Our line of Needled Insulation Blankets and die cuts is especially suited for automotive, motorcycle, on & off road exhaust applications. Choose from fiberglass, Bio-Safe or Silica Based material. To learn more about our line of products see Needle Mat Insulation.
STAINLESS STEEL WOOL
For over 30 years, stainless steel wool has been widely by OEM”s to prevent blow out of fiberglass packing materials and/or to enhance the sound of the exhaust system with a deep exhaust tone. Benefits of stainless steel wool in exhaust systems:
• Highly resilient to turbulent exhaust flows and temperatures to prevent blow out. Excellent thermal resistance up to 850 C or 1550 F.
• Mufflers packed with stainless steel wool will last up to 4 to 5 times longer than by using fiberglass alone.
• By preventing blowout, you can continuously meet DB limits.
• Easy to fabricate and install in exhaust systems.
SS FIBER MAT
Made from a special alloy of stainless steel fibers, SS Fiber mat has been engineered for high performance exhaust applications with extreme operating temps and OEM applications for extended useful life.
• Consistent fiber distribution to prevent channeling of exhaust gases
• No loose fibers, shedding or fiber fall out.
• Superior thermal resistance up to 1200 C or 2150 F.
• Superior resistance to oxidation at elevated temperatures and corrosive exhaust gases.
• Ductile, weldable & pleatable - easily fabricated to many shapes and sizes
Custom Tubes and Packing:
Stainless steel wool tubes are made to your exact specifications to reduce installation labor costs and to ensure proper installation of stainless steel mat.
WHEN TO REPACK?
If your muffler’s exhaust tone is starting to sound louder or “raspy” & if you are losing a little “bottom end power” your muffler packing has: either broken down and been blown out, or is saturated with oil or water. Re-packing should always be carried out as per your muffler manufacturers’ recommended intervals.