Knitted Wire Mesh:
KNITTED WIRE MESH is typically made from a single or double wire that is knitted to form a spring like & flexible wire mesh of interlocking loops much like hockey socks or sweaters are made. Knitted Wire Mesh is a high strength and flexible material that has unlimited uses and applications in many industries.
Knitted wire mesh can be used alone as a insulation blanket, demister pad, mist eliminator, pre-filter or formed and molded into many unique products such as gaskets and seals for deep filtration, EMI / RFI shielding and many automotive applications.
For prompt quoting and convenient product development and manufacturing capabilities in the Detroit Metro. ISW is focused on Industrial, commercial & automotive applications such as:
- Insulation or hot side support material that is flexible, Removable and Reusable to with stand extreme temperatures or corrosive environments.
- Insulation or filtration as an alternative to steel wool where loose fibers or fallout is a concern.
- Oil Mist Separation, Mist Eliminators or Demister pads for oil & gas, utilities and commercial kitchen exhaust systems.
- Sound Attenuation filter in pneumatic tools and vacuum
- Cryogenic gaskets, seals & discs.
- Automotive exhaust air gap spacers, flex joint seals and air bag filters.
- Pre-filter for coarse dust in the heating and ventilation systems.
- Gas turbine and compressed air inlet / outlet filter.
- Engine exhaust muffler packing.
- EMI / RFI Shielding.
Available Materials: 300 & 400 Series Stainless Steel
- Bulk Rolls of Knitted Wire Mesh: Widths from 1" - 43” (Most common: 4" 6", 12", 18", 24", 30", or 42")
- Double ply construction that can be cut open for easy installation
- Knitted Mesh Forms: Pads, Rings, Discs, Seals, Rectangular & Cylindrical forms
- Wire Diameters: 0.002" - 0.030" (Most common size: .008", .095" & .011"
- Temperature Range: Up to 1200 F with 304 SS
- Rapid, cost-effective prototypes are available from our in house tool and die shop to reduce development time.
- Standard Density: 60 holes/inch
How to Order:
BULK ROLLS: Metal Alloy, Roll Width, Wire Diameter, Density, if corrugation is required and order quantity.
GASKETS & SEALS: Metal Alloy, Wire Diameter, Density, Width, Length, Thickness, Order Quantity, etc.