STEEL WOOL FOR ELECTROWINNING, METAL SEPARATION & RECOVERY
Steel wool rolls, steel wool fibers or Texsteel Blankets are commonly used for METAL SEPARATION to lower or separate GOLD, SILVER, NICKEL & COPPER and other heavy metal ion contaminants. Common uses are in discharge water, fixer solutions from X ray film processors, and spent baths from Electroless Plating operations. Since steel wool is made from low carbon steel and has a high surface to weight ratio it is an excellent choice for metal separation and recovery, also known as the metal ion exchange process.
- Processing spent Fixer solutions from X-Ray & Photo Labs
- Electroless Nickel Platers
- Hexavalent Chrome Recovery
- Recyclers & Refiners
- Each Cartridge is evenly wound with precise tension to a specific density in order to create an even flow and prevent channeling.
- Available in all grades #0, #1, #2, #3 or #4.
- Choose from cardboard or PVC core or without core.
- We offer standard sizes as well as custom dimensions to fit your existing equipment or we can even develop a cartridge for your application.
- We also offer chopped steel fibers for higher surface exposure and improved flow.
- 4, 8, 12 and 24 & 25 lb Cartridges
- From the company whose history in the metal wool, cleaning and finishing business goes back nearly a full century.
USEFUL LINK: ELECTROWINNING
TEXSTEEL BLANKETS – Material Types:
Carbon Steel — for normal abrasive or filtering usage where heat and rust are not problems.
Stainless Steel, Type 434 – Use stainless steel wool for excellent corrosion resistance in wet or high humidity areas and high-temperature applications.
- Proprietary process that firmly interlocks thousands of metal fibers into blanket form for various industrial uses.
- Strong and durable blankets are highly porous and resilient to resist deterioration by heat or mechanical pressure.
- TEXSTEEL makes possible fabrication of new products in which metal wool fibers offer advantages over other fibers. Density can be controlled; greater densities can be achieved in less space.
- THICKNESS: ¼”, ½”, ¾”or 1” (unlimited thickness’s are obtained when stacked)
- WIDTH: Up to 120”
- DENSITY: 2 – 12 oz/sqft
- LENGTH: Limited only by weight.
Custom widths, lengths and shapes can be cut and slit in our fabrication shop.