Tuffwool™ Discs & Pads
TUFFWOOL is combination of steel wool and a soft absorbent felt material that is mechanically interlocked to form a tough long lasting abrasive. These pads are great for commercial and industrial applications because they can attach to hook and loop pads on power tools.
|5″ Disc||5″ Disc Fine Stainless||7″ Disc|
|4.5″ x 5.5″ Hand Pad||6″ x 9″ Hand Pad||4″ x 9″ Hand Pad|
|5″ Sanding Block Cover||6″ T Bar Cover||10″ T Bar Cover|
- Can be used with power tools
- Won’t ball up or shred like conventional steel wool pads or roll material
- Soft felt backing that is a binder and absorbent
- Also available in stainless steel wool or bronze
Can be used alone or with a cleaning or polishing compound
- GLASS CLEANING & POLISHING – Shower stalls, windshields, headlights, mirrors, windows, etc
- WOOD SMOOTHING OR BUFFING – Furniture, cabinets, baseboards, woodwork or paneling.
- METAL POLISHING – COPPER, BRASS, STAINLESS, ALUMINUM other ALLOYS – Decorative metal fixtures, hardware, metal trim, railings, moldings, wheels, etc.
- CHROME – Mufflers & muffler tips, automotive trim, motorcycle parts, bumpers, etc (Not to be used on plastic chromed parts.)
- PLASTIC – Scratch removal from ATV or MX body parts, sleds or other colored plastic items. (Not to be used on acrylic, clear or painted plastic.
CAUTION: Always test an inconspicuous area first for the right pressure and cleaning or polishing agent usage.
CHEMICAL AND PHYSICAL PROPERTIES:
- Fiber Length 1.0” 1.5” and 2.0” in (25, 38 mm and 50 mm)
- Equivalent Diameter 0.045” (1.14 mm)
- Available Aspect Ratio 22, 34 and 44
- Tensile Strength 140-180 Kpsi (966-1242 MPa)
- Deformation Continuously deformed circular segment
- Appearance Bright and clean carbon steel wire
|APPLICATIONS FOR TUFF WOOL||RECOMMENDED GRADE|
|Glass Hard Water Stains||#0000, Finest|
|Chrome & Mirror Polishing||#0000, Finest|
|Wood Finishing — Smooth finishes or buffing wood to a high luster||#0000 or 000|
|Cleaning Precision Tools||#0000, Finest|
|ATV/MX Plastic Scratch Repair||#0000, Finest|
|Wood or Metal Paint Stripping||#1, 2 or 3|
|Polish or Restore Copper, Brass, Aluminum and other metals||#00 Fine|
|Smoothing wood or metal for primer coat||#0 or 1|
|Clean copper pipes and fitting for soldering||#1|
|Paint Clean Up||#0 – 2 (depending on media)|
|Removing gloss coat from wood or metal||#0 or 1|
Most Common: 25kg or 50 lb Multiwall paper bag.
We will also provide packaging according to our customers’ specifications. Fibers can also be packed in water soluble paper or Bulk super sacks.