High Temp – Stainless Steel Fiber Mat (SS Fiber Mat)
SS Fiber Mat is a non-shedding stainless steel porous media that is highly resistant to extreme temperatures and corrosive environments. SS Fiber Mat is comprised of a special alloy of stainless steel fibers that layered and sintered in a high temperature vacuum furnace. SS Fiber Mat is widely used in many automotive, industrial and filtration applications that demand resistance to oxidation at high temperature.
- Next Generation High Performance Exhaust-Muffler Packing for temps up to 1200 C
- Diesel Exhaust filtration
- Gas burner applications for low CO and NOx emissions
- Asphalt Heating Equipment
- Infrared Heating applications such as paper drying or aluminum processing
- Oil & Gas Industry / oil sands filtration
- No loose fibers, shedding or fiber fall out.
- Excellent thermal resistance.
- Will withstand turbulent pressures and extreme temperatures from air, water and acidic gases
- High dirt holding capacity for depth or surface filtration for up to 99% efficiency
- Low back pressure
- High gel shear from sharp edged fibers
- Electrically conductive
- Ductile, weldable & pleatable – easily fabricated to many shapes and sizes
- Typical Materials: Stainless steel FeCrAl is our standard material, but 300 and 400 series Stainless steel is also available.
|Typical Density:||Porosity||Mat Thickness Range||Fiber Diameter Range|
|400 – 1200 g/m2||60 – 90%||0.3 – 0.8 mm||20 – 120 um|
|Max Continuous Operating Temp||Density, g/cm3 (lb/in3)||Filtration Efficiency||Magnetic Properties|
|Up to 1200 C||7.15 (0.259)||Up to 45 – 99%||Magnetic up to approximately 600°C (1112°F)|