Xorex Steel Fibers, Type V Fibers:
For more effective concrete reinforcement, choose ISW’s Xorex Steel Fibers that are produced from low carbon cold drawn steel that meets ASTM A820 standards. Our fibers are widely used for concrete mixing and are more economical to use versus traditional reinforcement methods of rebar and mesh.
- Xorex Fibers comply with ASTM A820 requirements.
- Typical lengths: 1.0”, 1.5” and 2.0”(25, 38mm and 50mm), but also can produce 0.75” and 2.5”.
- Commonly used to improve concrete toughness, shear strength, and impact resistance.
- Concrete reinforcement fibers reduce concrete cracking due to reduce shrinkage.
- Typical applications: Dams. Spillways, Bridge Girders. Piers, Locks. Tunnels, Precast concrete, etc.
- Can be used in either wet or dry mix shotcrete.
- Xorex Fibers reinforced concrete are less expensive than hand-tied rebar, while still increasing the tensile strength many times; shape, dimension and length of fiber are important to consider.
- Xorex Fibers can only be used on surfaces that can tolerate or avoid corrosion and rust stains.
- Materials, mixing, and testing procedures should comply with the applicable sections of ASTM C 1116/C 1116M and ASTM C 1436.
|1.0″ Length (25mm)||25|
|1.25″ Length (25mm)||30|
|1.5″ Length (25mm)||38|
|2.0″ Length (25mm)||50|
CHEMICAL AND PHYSICAL PROPERTIES:
- Fiber Length 1.0” 1.5” and 2.0” in (25, 38 mm and 50 mm)
- Equivalent Diameter 0.045” (1.14 mm)
- Available Aspect Ratio 22, 34 and 44
- Tensile Strength 140-180 Kpsi (966-1242 MPa)
- Deformation Continuously deformed circular segment
- Appearance Bright and clean carbon steel wire
|Test Result (%)||0.08||0.05||0.86||0.016||0.013|
Most Common: 25kg or 50 lb Multiwall paper bag.
We will also provide packaging according to our customers’ specifications. Fibers can also be packed in water soluble paper or Bulk super sacks.